There are presently no open calls for submissions.
THE BRASS TACKS:
1) We accept only these file formats for writing: doc, docx, and pdf. And for images: jpg or png. If you are concerned about formatting changes when your files are opened on different computers, please submit PDFs only.
2) We ask you to send work in only one genre—considering “hybrid work” to be its own genre—per submission. Please place your submission into one file. (That is to say, if you are submitting five poems, then send them all in one document. If you are sending two poems and one short story, please submit twice, once in each genre. If you are submitting translations of three short stories, please place both the short stories and the original texts in one file. Label clearly, in English, the source texts.
3) All submissions must be made via Submittable, no exceptions. We do accept simultaneous submissions. However, kindly drop us a message if your work is accepted elsewhere.
4) We only accept work during our submissions windows. Our current window is March 1 to May 15, 2015.
5) Please let us know why you have chosen to submit to Duende—we are delighted to make new friends—and how you heard about us. Please include a short bio, but know that, for us, it’s all about the writing.
6) Submitting to Duende is free. We are grateful for the opportunity to review your work. We do not pay writers or artists for their work.
7) Duende is a group of full-time undergraduate students, all volunteers, who live all over the United States. Our academic schedule is non-traditional and we meet face-to-face only once during each semester. Please be patient with us. We might need up to four months to reply to your submission. If you haven’t heard from us in four months, please feel free to drop us an email and check in. Thank you!